Friday, August 28, 2009

In a Child's Eyes

We lived in the country in my growing up years so my memories are rather strange to most.  We did not often see other people but occasionally we had visitors.  One couple that came were rather memorable to me because they were a very quiet pair but sat in our kitchen for tea whenever they came.  I should say, the lady sat and the man stood.  I am hoping that nobody will take offense at this next bit as it is not meant to be derogatory to anyone either fat or thin.  The lady was very large in stature and the man was as thin as could be.  They were then referred to by myself and my siblings as the fat lady and the skinny man.  To this day whenever I mention the fat lady and the skinny man my brothers and sister know exactly who I am speaking about and none of us remember their individual names (if we ever knew them to start with).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors