Friday, August 14, 2009

One of my earliest memories in Mom's kitchen was having some people come to visit just after my sister was born. There was a girl maybe 9 or 10 that came with them. They brought me my first toys, 2 teddy bears. One was black and white and one was brown with homemade overalls. I don't know why I remember that time other than the fact that we rarely had visitors and I never had anyone to play with so that was a huge event in my life. I expect you can tell by this story, we lived a long way from civilization. I also remember that we had 'tea' and homemade cookies, which was also a fabulous treat. I have tea in quotes because I am also very sure that my mother would never have allowed me to have tea at 15 months of age. It was probably just water with a little powdered milk in it. I do remember the cookies because they were soft oatmeal and they are still my favorite kind today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors